PRESS RELEASE Greg Poppleton Releases Volume 1 in his Three Part Album Series, ‘20s 30s Tin Pan Alley Vol. 1’ Greg Poppleton has released the first volume in a three album series called, ‘20s 30s Tin Pan Alley’ as a limited edition CD and downloads. Listen to 'Happy Days Are Here Again' in German and English as a thank you to the band's may online fans in Germany at the bottom of this post... Available now at Bandcamp: https://gregpoppleton.bandcamp.com/album/20s-30s-tin-pan-alley-vol-1 CDBaby: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/gregpoppleton Apple iTunes: https://music.apple.com/us/album/20s-30s-tin-pan-alley-vol-1/1477720009 Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/5CckWNaTr68d3Bdo0gH03G Greg describes himself as an authentic 1920s – 30s singer. “While I wasn’t alive in the 20s and 30s,” Greg says, “I fulfil all the other qualities of authentic for this style of vocal jazz and swing.”
- When he was 3, he saw Louis Armstrong on TV and fell in love with the music. He was hooked on 20s jazz and 30s swing from then on and is a rarity in that to get to this music he didn’t migrate from some ‘youth’ music genre. I’m totally uninfluenced by other music.
- Vocalists in the 20s and 30s needed strong voices to be heard. Greg’s a classically trained singer. His coach had been taught by Tito Schipa and Lauritz Melchior.
- He’s not a jazz instrumentalist holding a tune while putting on a megaphone voice.
- Website: https://www.gregpoppletonmusic.com
- Tour schedule: October 12 – One Enchanted Evening – magic and music show Sydney November 9 – Saturday Jazz – Penrith January 18 – Saturday Jazz – Penrith February 1 – Great Art Deco Ball – 1920s Festival Katoomba March 15 – Jazz At The Pines – Dural August 12 - Bondi Pavilion October 20 - Private Event
- Album release details: Greg Poppleton - 1920s - 30s vocals Al Davey - trumpet and trombone Paul Furniss - alto sax and clarinet Grahame Conlon - guitar, banjo and ukulele Geoff Power - sousaphone Rod Herbert - sousaphone (song 6) Adam Barnard - washboard and snare Lawrie Thompson - drums and washboard (songs 2, 6, 8)Recorded by Peter Gage, Paul Mirtschin and Peter O'Malley, Sydney. Phil Punch and Jem Hoppe, Electric Cave. Mixed by Phil Punch and Jem Hoppe, Electric Cave, Sydney. Mastered by Bob Scott, Bob Scott Audio Design and Recording, Sydney. Artwork by Michele Tenaglia, Turin.
- Discography: (2006) The Phantom Dancer (2012) Doin’ The Charleston (2013) Sweet Sue (2016) Back In Your Own Backyard (2019) 20s 30s Tin Pan Alley Vol. 1