08 October 2022(Until 08 October)
Illawarra Leagues Club
Illawarra Jazz Club presents Greg Poppleton 1920s-30s swing and jazz for listening and dancing at:
Collegians Illawarra Leagues Club
95-97 Church Street, Wollongong
2pm – 5pm (doors open 1pm)
Admission – $10 – pay at the door.
In the band for this Illawarra Jazz Club show –
Greg Poppleton: 1920s-30s vocals
Grahame Conlon: guitar and banjo
Dave Clayton: double bass
Damon Poppleton: alto sax
This show was originally scheduled for 24 September.
However, there’ll now be no jazz in the club on that day.
That’s because the city of Wollongong and the Wollongong CBD will be hosting the 2022 UCI Road World Championships (cycling) from 18-25 September.
Major roads in and around Wollongong the CBD, where the venue is, will be affected by these races. Parking, public transport and driving to the venue will be severely impacted by road closures. Memorial Drive which also links Sydney to Wollongong will also be impacted. So jazz has been cancelled at Illawarra Leagues Club on that day.
Illawarra Jazz Club is a social non-profit organisation and its main objectives are to:
– Promote the performance and appreciation of all forms of jazz
– Support local talent and in particular encourage young people to perform, listen to and develop an appreciation of jazz
– Organise activities for the presentation and promotion of jazz
– Organise activities for members and the general public to participate in the enjoyment of jazz
– Liaise with other clubs that have similar aims and interests
– Raise funds, acquire property and to do all things necessary and conducive to enable the club to carry out its objectives effectively.
Collegians is in Illawarra Leagues, one of the oldest Leagues Clubs in Australia. Opening its doors in 1951 Illawarra Leagues on the corner of Church & Stewart Street, was formed to cater to and support all branches of local sport and continues to do so today.
Now, it is your one-stop venue for great food and entertainment, right in the heart of Wollongong.
Offering the perfect entertainment options from live music upstairs in the auditorium to hosting smaller celebrations with friends and family in our Alfresco Dining space there’s a location to suit all occasions.
Food-wise, enjoy the Modern-Australian Church St Diner with all your club favorites including Head Chef’s renowned hand crumbed schnitzels, the Collegians Steak Sandwich, and the almighty Beef Burger with the Lot.All Gigs